This article, is all about 2014 Kia Optima Service Reset which has to be done after every 5 thousand miles. The oil light also called “MAINT REQD” on some car make, is not a warning light, rather, it is a reminder.
The maintenance required or oil change light is a reminder to you, that it is due time for maintenance again and changing of oil. If you take your 2014 Kia Optima to a quick LUB store they will reset the light for you after changing the oil but if they forget to, you will have to.
2014 Kia Optima Service Reset Steps
Ideally after traveling every 5000 miles, you need to perform an oil change (also called service) so the light comes on. Be sure to go through your car owner’s manual to be sure of what the light looks like on the dashboard.
- Start engine.
- If “SERVICE REQUIRED” is displayed, then reset by pressing the “RESET” button for more than 1 second.
- Press the “TRIP” button to select “SERVICE COMPLETE, RESET”.
- Turn the ignition off
How to check 2014 Kia Optima oil level
- Be sure the vehicle is on level ground.
- Start the engine and allow it to reach normal operating temperature.
- Turn the engine off and wait for a few minutes (about 5 minutes) for the oil to return to the oil pan.
- Pull the dipstick out, wipe it clean, and re-insert it fully. WARNING – The Radiator is probably hose
- Be very careful not to touch the radiator hose when checking or adding the engine oil as it may be hot enough to burn you.
- 5. Pull the dipstick out again and check the level. The level should be between F and L. CAUTION
- Do not overfill with engine oil. Engine damage may result.
- Do not spill engine oil, when adding or changing engine oil. If you drop the engine oil on the engine room, wipe it off immediately.
Please click Oil Reset to see the process for other car makes and model
Engine Type Oil Viscosity and Capacity
This is a tabular representation of 2014 Kia Optima oil viscosity and capacity detailed information and it is important to know this as it will help in knowing the exact oil for your vehicle. This info. Comes in handy before and after 2014 Kia Optima oil change reset
|Engine||Capacity in litres||Oil Change Intervals|
|Optima 1.6 T-GDI (USA) (2015 – 2016)||1.6 T-GDI||4.5||5 000 miles/ 6 months|
|Optima 2.0 T-GDI (USA) (2010 – 2013)||2.0 T-GDI||4.6||5 000 miles/ 6 months|
|Optima 2.0 T-GDI (CAN) (2010 – 2013)||2.0 T-GDI||4.6||5 000 miles/ 6 months|
|Optima 2.0 T-GDI (CAN) (2013 – 2015)||2.0 T-GDI||4.8||5 000 miles/ 6 months|
|Optima 2.0 T-GDI (USA) (2015 – 2016)||2.0 T-GDI||4.8||5 000 miles/ 6 months|
|Optima 2.4 GDI (USA) (2010 – 2013)||Theta II 2.4||4.6||7 500 miles/ 12 months|
|Optima 2.4 GDI (CAN) (2010 – 2013)||Theta II 2.4||4.6||5 000 miles/ 4 months|
|Optima 2.4 GDI (USA) (2013 – 2015)||Theta II 2.4||5||7 500 miles/ 12 months|
|Optima 2.4 GDI (CAN) (2013 – 2015)||Theta II 2.4||4.8||7 500 miles/ 12 months|
|Optima 2.4 GDI (USA) (2015 – 2016)||Theta II 2.4||4.8 / 0.4||7 500 miles/ 12 months|
|Optima 2.4 GDI Hybrid (2011 – 2013)||Theta II 2.4||4.5||7 500 miles/ 12 months|
|Optima 2.4 GDI Hybrid (CAN) (2013 – 2014)||Theta II 2.4||4.8||7 500 miles/ 12 months|
|Optima 2.4 GDI Hybrid (USA) (2013 – 2016)||Theta II 2.4||4.8 / 0.4||7 500 miles/ 12 months|
This article is a very comprehensive guide about 2014 Kia Optima oil light Reset, it also contains a tabular details about engine type, oil viscosity and capacity. Please do not forget to share this article using the share button below, who knows you might help someone who needs it.
All information provided on this page is for information purpose and it is basically a guide as to how to carry out the above subject matter. Due to the fact that there many variety of vehicle make and models, we strongly advise you to refer back to your car owners manual for the procedure if the one above is not working.
Read Also:- 2015 Dodge Journey Oil Light Reset