It’s a little thing, but a key fob can make your life easier. With it, you can open and lock your car without having to dig for your keys in your bag or pockets every time you park. Moreover, with an Acura key fob, you no longer need to keep track of separate remote key chains that can get lost easily.
Instead, the remote control is now entirely integrated into a small fob that can be kept in a pocket or purse at all times. Unfortunately, this useful device comes with some downsides: the batteries tend to drain faster than expected sooner than later.
How to Change Battery in Acura Key Fob
If you find that your key fob is unable to open or lock your car anymore, the battery might be dead and you will need to replace the battery. Here is how to change battery in Acura key fob.
Opening the Key Fob
To change the battery in the Acura key fob, first, open the fob, locate the battery remove it, and then replace the new one. You can easily get a replacement battery for Acura key fobs either in online stores or even in automobile repair part-selling stores.
Please note that different models use different ways of opening the fob.
- First, check the instructions that came with your key fob when you bought the car. If you misplaced them, you can find the instructions online.
- Next, take a look at the key fob itself. On the front side, you should see a small latch or button.
- Press or flip this latch, and the cover will open. Some models have a key fob that is split in half. In this case, you will need to carefully open the two halves without breaking the device.
Changing the Battery
On successfully opening the key fob, the next step is to, remove the old battery and replace it with a new one. The battery can be found in the back part of the key fob, often behind a small metal or plastic cover.
Acura key fobs use a CR-2032 3 Volt button-type lithium coin cell battery for most models. Depending on your Acura model, you may need to use a Philips screwdriver to remove the battery cover. Make sure to put the new battery in the correct orientation.
What Battery Does an Acura Key Fob Use?
The key fob is powered by a lithium coin cell battery. This small battery typically has a 3 Volt power rating and a 2032 model number.
These batteries are very common and can be bought almost anywhere. Remember, always check the voltage rating when buying new batteries – the voltage must be 3 Volts!
How to Find the Right Battery in Your Acura Key Fob
The most common battery type in key fobs is a CR2032. The CR2032 battery can be found at any drugstore or convenience store, and can be replaced by following these steps:
- Remove the key from the car
- Take off the cover on the back of your key fob
- Locate the battery and remove it with needle-nose pliers
- Insert a new CR2032 battery and close up your fob
Another method is to check the battery model number on the battery itself. If you can’t see it, try to remove the battery and read it by the light.
You can also use a voltmeter or a multimeter to read the voltage of the battery. If the battery model is printed on it, this makes things much easier. You can buy a new one at an auto parts store or electronics store. You can even order it online.
How to Reset an Acura Key Fob
The Acura key fob has a battery that can be replaced. To reset the key fob, you will need to remove the battery and wait for a few minutes before putting the new one in.
If you’re having issues with your Acura key fob and a fresh battery doesn’t solve the problem, it may be time to reset the key fob. Yes, you read it right sometimes, something as easy as resetting the battery is all it takes to fix your keyfob and get it back working.
Do I Have to Reprogram my Fob After Battery Replacement?
No, you don’t have to reprogram your key fob after battery replacement. The car’s security system will automatically learn the new signal coming from the key fob.
You can start using the fob right away. Key fobs are fairly intelligent and will keep working even with a low battery. However, once the battery is dead, it can’t be used until they are reprogrammed again.
After changing the battery, you have to reprogram your key fob again. You can do this by following these steps:
- Put the key in your car’s ignition and leave it for about 30 seconds.
- Turn off the engine and wait for a moment to ensure that all power from the battery is shut off to protect yourself from an electrical shock.
- Remove your key fob from where you store it and turn on your car’s ignition quickly to program it again with the new signal coming from its new battery.
- Wait for a few seconds and then remove the key fob from your car’s ignition.
- Repeat steps 1-4 until your key fob is programmed with the new signal coming from its new battery.
- You should now see two flashes when you hold down the button on your key fob in accordance with the light blinking off and on.
- It should now be safe to remove your key from its storage spot in order to use it for driving or locking your car.
How Long do Acura Key Fob Batteries Last?
This depends on the type of battery in your key fob, as well as how often you use it. The most common battery for key fobs is the lithium-ion battery.
These last up to eight years. As a general rule of thumb, if you use your key fob once a day, you should expect it to last around 5 years. If you use it less often, you can expect it to last even longer.
Battery life also depends on how it’s maintained. If you keep the battery in a good condition after every use, you can expect it to last much longer than if you use and keep it anywhere anyhow.
On The Blog
How To Change Battery in Cadillac Key Fob
Why is Ford Keyless Entry Keypad Not Working
How to Program Nissan Key Fob Without Ignition
How to Charge Nissan Altima Key
How to Enable Remote Start on Dodge Journey
Your Acura key fob is a small but important part of your car. It allows you to open your car and start it with a single click.
It’s not uncommon for these devices to experience issues over time, but fortunately, most issues can be solved with a simple battery replacement. If you notice that your key fob isn’t working properly, it might be time to replace the battery.
This is a simple process that can be completed in under five minutes. Make sure to check the key fob battery periodically for signs of corrosion or leaking. If you find anything difficult on how to change battery in Acura key fob, please ask using the comments section,
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.