Hi guys! You are welcome to this great article in which you will be provided with a lot of beneficial information. Firstly, have you ever thought of how to tow a model 3 vehicle before? I am very sure you want to know how to do that.
Well, you are actually at the right place to get information about how you will be able to tow your model 3 vehicle easily without having issues while doing that. Just make sure you read the article in full, in order to get the full gist.
How to Tow a Model 3
Towing a Tesla Model 3 with a tow dolly is a relatively simple process, but it’s important to follow the steps carefully to ensure the safety of the vehicle and the people involved. Here is a general guide on how to tow a Model 3 using a tow dolly:
- Prepare the tow dolly: Make sure the tow dolly is properly secured to the towing vehicle and all its lights and signals are functioning properly. Check the tires and make sure they are properly inflated.
- Place the Model 3 on the tow dolly: Position the Model 3 on the tow dolly according to the manufacturer’s instructions. The Model 3 should be driven onto the dolly, with the front wheels on the dolly’s platform and the rear wheels off the ground.
- Secure the Model 3 to the tow dolly: Use the straps or chains provided with the tow dolly to secure the Model 3 to the dolly. Make sure the straps or chains are tightened sufficiently to hold the Model 3 in place, but not so tight that they cause damage to the vehicle.
- Disengage the Model 3’s drivetrain: To prevent the Model 3’s drivetrain from being damaged while it is being towed, you will need to disengage it. This can be done by shifting the Model 3 into “neutral” and setting the parking brake.
- Connect the tow dolly to the towing vehicle: Attach the tow dolly to the towing vehicle according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Make sure the connection is secure and all the lights and signals are functioning properly.
- Drive carefully: When towing a Model 3 on a tow dolly, it’s important to drive carefully and at a slower speed than you would normally. Make sure to give yourself plenty of time to stop, and try to avoid making sharp turns or sudden stops.
- Follow all local towing laws and regulations: Make sure to follow all local laws and regulations regarding towing, including any requirements for lighting or signaling.
By following these steps, you should be able to safely tow a Model 3 using a tow dolly. It’s always a good idea to consult the owner’s manual for your specific vehicle and tow dolly for any additional instructions or recommendations.
On The Blog
Where is Tesla Model 3 Tow Hook Location
Firstly, the motor on model 3 usually generates power when the wheels spin so always transport tesla model 3 with all four tires off the ground. And ensure that the tires are unable to spin at any time during transport or towing.
The test model 3 tow hook is actually located under the hood in a recessed compartment towards the front side of the vehicle. Take caution in not leaving the tow hook in the insert location.
The tow hook is also known as the tow eye, it can be stored in the front bottom area of the Model Y’s frunk in a slot that it snaps into. So be sure to return to tow hook to this very location after the vehicle has been delivered to its destination successfully.
On The Blog
How to Turn off Tesla Model 3 While Inside
How to Turn on Hazard Lights Tesla Model 3
How to Open Tesla Door Model 3
How to Wash Tesla Model Y, 3, S and X
How to Open Tesla Model 3 Front Trunk
How to Tow a Tesla on a Flatbed
To tow, a tesla on a flatbed simply means pulling onto a flatbed truck with the tow eye which is known as a tow hook. So fully insert the Tow eye into the opening, and turn it counterclockwise until it’s securely fastened.
The next step to take is to attach the winch cable to the tow eye or tow hook so as to ensure tight and fastened. Now before pulling off the vehicle, make sure the tow eye is securely fastened once again.
Then you need to activate the transport mode by touching the controls icon on the vehicle, moving to the service icon, and then tapping or clicking towing. After successfully passing through the process, you can now tow a tesla on a flatbed.
How to Tow a Tesla with No Power
To tow a tesla with no power, simply press and hold the brake pedal, after that touch the controls icon on the touch-screen. After touching the controls, you tap on the service icon and then click on the tow mode icon.
When tow mode is active, your tesla vehicle’s instrument panel will display the panel indicator light. Apart from that, a message will pop up along the indicator light telling you that the vehicle can roll freely now.
But if you want to cancel tow mode or decide to do that, you can simply shift your vehicle into park mode and the tow mode will be canceled. That’s all it takes to get your tesla towed with no power.
How Do I Put My Tesla Model 3 in Tow Mode?
Like the aforementioned processes, putting your tesla model 3 vehicle in a tow mode is quite very simple and it requires simple steps. But just make sure that your vehicle is in the park before activating the tow mode.
So for you to put your tesla model 3 in tow mode, first check and ensure that your vehicle is actually secured. Then, simply press and hold the brake pedal, touch controls on the touch-screen, click service, and finally select towing and that’s all.
How Do You Put a Tesla 3 in Neutral?
Neutral is such a mode that allows your tesla model 3 vehicle to roll freely when you are not pressing the brake pedal at all. You make sure that the vehicle is in park mode before putting it in neutral.
So in the park, you should shift it into neutral by briefly pushing the drive stalk either up or down to the first position, and then the tesla 3 will be in neutral. That is the process to set the tesla model 3 on neutral while in the park.
But should in case the vehicle is in the driving position, you can follow the same process and it will also be in neutral, which is to shift into neutral by pushing the drive to stalk briefly which is either up or down to the first position of the vehicle and that’s all.
Can You Tow a Tesla Without the Key?
Yes, actually you can tow a tesla model 3 vehicle without making use of the key as it is not necessary for you to use the key in towing the vehicle. It just requires you to make use of another simple method as follows.
All you need is a working 12 volt system to power the car’s driver controls even though the tow truck will be equipped to provide 12 volt power. And that’s in any way a problem.
So simply make use of the 12-volt power and tow your tesla model 3 vehicle successfully without making use of the key. Or you merely put the wheels on to jacks and winch it up onto a flatbed as simple as that.
In conclusion, to tow a model 3 vehicle, you should press and hold the brake pedal, after that, you select the touch controls that are located on the touch-screen. From the touchscreen, move to the service icon and then click or tap on towing icon.
Then the touch-screen will display a message reminding you how to properly transport model 3. Press and hold the transport mode button until it turns blue and then model 3 is now free rolling and can slowly be rolled or tow.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.