Ever since the last the invention of keyless entry in the last 2 decades, key fob programming has become very important and many manufactures have adopt the system. The auto market have also experienced drastic improvement in the development of programmable key fob.
In this article, you will learn all about key fob or smart keys and how to program keyless entry keys. The methods you will learn in this article have been tested and proven to be working by most people.
What is a car key fob
Most modern cars now come with smart key also called key fobs instead of the regular manual metal key. With technological improvements, some vehicle now support remote key start and push start keys.
These devices need programming in order to work with your vehicle. If your key or key fob is lost or stolen, you’ ll need to find somewhere with a programmer who can make a replacement for your vehicle. Now the question is What s key fob programming.
- How to Disable a Car Immobilizer
- How to Remove Engine Immobilizer
- How to Program 2007 Honda Accord Key
- How to Change Volkswagen Key Fob Battery
- How to Program Toyota Key Without Master
What is key fob programming
Keyless entry remote control key fob allows owners to lock and unlock vehicle doors even bonnet. In some advanced cars you can even choose to start your car, put on the air condition and adjust seats remotely.
On top of that, the system also comes with twist of security as an engine immobilizer that prevents unauthorized key from starting the car. The system is designed to received signal from the key fob remote control then act according to the command code sent.
key fob programming is basically the process of configuring a smart key to work to be able to work with your vehicle alone. Generally, to program a smart key, one would have to go to a dealership or a professional lock smith.
How to program a car key fob/chip
Programming a new key fob is not a really hard hard task any more and unlike before, you can do it by yourself at home within minutes. To get started follow the steps in the guide below
- Open your your car and get inside.
- Seat in the drivers seat.
- Now lock all the doors behind you for proper key configuration.
- Insert the key into the ignition switch and remove it.
- Repeat this process 6 times or 10 times.
- Wait for the hazard to come on and flash two times.
- That puts the vehicle and key in program mode.
- Put the key back into the ignition cylinder and turn such that electronic accessories will on.
- This will only activate the electronics in the car.
- Immediately press any button on the car Intelligent Key.
- Now remove the key and walk out of the vehicle.
- Close the doors and stand at a distance and press any button on the remote.
- You vehicle should either flash lights or the horn beeps once.
Congratulations, now you have successfully programmed your new key fobs to work with car. This method work for most car makes and models but if it does not work for your own vehicle, then simple contact us with the details of you car make and model so that we can give your directions.
key fob programming softwares & apps
For advanced level of key fob programming key fob programming tool would be needed. This article will not cover the advance level programming procedures but suggest some good auto key programming tools.
Top Auto Key Programmers 2021
Key fob programming tool
The 1st of its kind app based auto key programming system. Ditch the bulky & expensive “old school” auto programming equipment and program replacement auto keys easier with the EZ Key Programming mobile app.
Use this app to:
- Connect to your EZ Key Programming OBD dongle
- Perform initial set-up on your EZ Key Programming OBD dongle
- Follow the steps within the app to program your vehicle key
Armed with just your smartphone, EZ Key Programming app and OBD dongle, you’ll be able to program vehicle keys. Our simple system guides you through auto key programming via the OBD port, allowing you to program all available types of auto replacement keys.
Key Programming Procedure
With Key Programming Procedure app explains how you can program a remote fob for a your car in less than 1 minus!. Key Programming Procedure help you find a guide with step by step for key programming guide.
This app allows you to get the job done within minutes, right on your android phone. It help you save money when you need add new key fob.
This is number 2 among my list of key fob programming softwares & apps. Being the whole procedure will be carried out by yourself on your phone is actually interesting. With this app you can perform the following
- Provide free ODBII diagnostic functions
- Receive one vehicle release version for free
- Support 19 maintenance services including EPB, TPMS, BMS, Brake bleed, DPF, Immo keys, Injector, SAS, Suspension, Throttle, Seats and others
- Provide complete historical diagnostic records to quickly diagnose vehicles through historical records.
- Get more vehicle diagnostics through In-App Purchase
- Generate PDF maintenance reports for easy access and printing
This app is giving every car owner the chance to be able to program there key fobs without paying a hug amount to the dealership or locksmith. Autel MaxiAP200 is available to be downloaded for free on google play store, ios users too can download a copy on app store.
Other names for key fob
Manufacturers use keyless authorization systems under different names:
- Acura: Keyless Access System
- Audi: Advanced Key
- Aston Martin: Keyless Entry and Push Button Start
- BMW: Comfort Access or Display Key
- Bugatti: Keyless Entry Remote
- Cadillac: Adaptive Remote Start & Keyless Access
- FIAT-Chrysler: Keyless Enter-N-Go
- Ford: Intelligent Access with push-button start
- General Motors: Passive Entry Passive Start (PEPS)
- Honda: Smart Entry System
- Hyundai: Proximity Key and smart entry key
- Infiniti: Infiniti Intelligent Key with Push-button Ignition
- Isuzu: Genius Entry
- Jaguar Cars: Smart Key System
- Jeep: Keyless Enter-N-Go
- Kia Motors: Smart Key System
- Lexus: Smart Access System
- Lincoln: Intelligent Access System
- Mazda: Advanced Keyless Entry & Start System
- Mercedes-Benz: Keyless Go integrated into SmartKeys
- Mini: Comfort Access
- Mitsubishi Motors: FAST Key System
- Nissan: Nissan Intelligent Key
- Peugeot: PEUGEOT Open & Go
- Porsche: Porsche Entry & Drive System
- Proton: Passive Keyless Entry
- Renault: Renault Hands Free Keycard
- Riverside Manufacturing LLC: Intelli-Fob
- SsangYong Motor: Smart Key System
- Subaru: Keyless Smart Entry With Push-Button Start or Keyless Access with Push-Button Start
- Suzuki: SmartPass Keyless entry & starting system
- Tesla: Model S Key
- Toyota: Smart Key System
- Volkswagen: Keyless Entry & Keyless Start or KESSY
- Volvo: Personal Car Communicator “PCC” and Keyless Drive or Keyless Drive
- Mahindra & Mahindra: Smart Key Module
This article is all about key fob programming instructions and tools needed. All information on this site just for the sake of knowledge, you are responsible for your actions. If you have any question about this please use the comment section.
Keyless Entry Remote Inc key fob technicians will help you program your car. Find out whether my car is automatically programmed or it requires another person’s advice. – Take your breath slowly and carefully. Try sweet talking a service adviser, it doesn’t hurt to try and ask for a discount. Get in contact with a local locksmith when they have an actual store. The mobile companies have much higher price tags so travelling into their shop you could save a few dollars. If any other options fail, call your dealership.