In this article you will learn how to replace Hyundai key fob battery or smart key battery. All modern Hyundai models have also followed the twist of security and comfort in the auto market.
Therefore, most Hyundai vehicles now have key fob also called proximity keys to aid keyless entry. The system, uses a remote control like device with metal key attached to it, with battery inside it.
The method shared in this article is applicable to all the following
- How to open hyundai key fob 2020, 2019, 2018 &2013
- 2015 Hyundai Tucson key fob battery replacement
- Hyundai key fob not working after battery change
- How to change battery in hyundai tucson key fob
If the battery is dead or become depleted, the keyless entry system will not work as expected. In this condition you will have to change or replace the battery and reprogram the key fob to get the fob working again.
Before you can access the battery in the fob you must have to open the fob. To get started follow the steps below to open the key fob.
How to open Hyundai key fob
The process to open Hyundai key fob differs depending on if it is a newer version or and old version. Which ever one you are using, this article still gets you covered as you will learn about the two process in the next step.
- Remove the metal key in your key fob.
- Press and hold the metal tab or button.
- Next insert the key into the small opening and twist.
- Now the fob should open
For older fob models, Use a coin or a flat blade screwdriver to pop open the key fob from the small notch or indent along the outside.
How to replace Hyundai battery
Now that you have been able to open the key fob the next thing is to remove the dead battery and replace with a new one. To do you can now follow these steps:
- Insert a slim tool into the slot and gently pry open the transmitter center cover.
- Replace the battery with a new battery (CR2032).
- When replacing the battery, make sure the battery position.
- Install the battery in the reverse order of removal.
The transmitter is designed to give you years of trouble-free use, however it can malfunction if exposed to moisture or static electricity. If you are unsure how to use your transmitter or replace the battery, contact an authorized HYUNDAI dealer.
Using the wrong battery can cause the transmitter to malfunction. Be sure to use the correct battery. To avoid damaging the transmitter, don’t drop it, get it wet, or expose it to heat or sunlight.
Steps to Replace Battery in Hyundai Key Fob
If you’ve noticed that your Hyundai key fob is not working anymore and it has a low battery, we offer the following steps to help you replace the battery:
- Locate the Hyundai logo on your key. There will be a tiny screw underneath it. Remove the screw with a small Philips Screwdriver, being careful not to damage anything else.
- Slide off the cover using an opening tool or flathead screwdriver, being careful not to tear anything.
- Locate the button cell on your key fob and unscrew it with your fingers or pliers first before removing it from its socket. Note that there are two buttons cell in each car key fob so make sure you replace both of them on both sides of the car key fob.
Where to Find Battery in Your Hyundai Key Fob
The battery in your Hyundai key fob is also used to power the car’s locks, lights and alarm system. When the battery needs to be replaced, you can easily find it with these simple steps.
- Unlock the driver’s door and take off the cover on the driver’s side.
- Carefully remove the negative cable first and then gently tug on each connection until it comes loose.
- Gently tug on each connection until it comes loose and lift out the old battery. Be careful not to touch any of its metal contacts because they may still have power running through them.
- Put in a new battery by inserting its positive side first and then working around other connections as before. After finishing, make sure all cables are tightly plugged.
How To Properly Dispose Old Car Remote Keys
When you dispose of your old car keys, there are a few best practices to keep in mind. First, you should not leave your old keys in the car. Leaving keys in a car is a serious safety hazard and it also makes it easy for someone to steal the vehicle.
Second, make sure that you do not put them somewhere where they can be easily found. If someone finds them, they will know where you no longer drive and could break into your home with ease.
Third, remove all personal information from the keychain before disposing of it. This includes things like your license plate number or your home address.
How to Program a Hyundai Key Fob
If you have just lost your original Hyundai key and have bought a new one, you would have to program it to function with your car. Programming a Hyundai key fob is just as simple when you follow these steps:
- Get in your Hyundai and close all the doors.
- Use the key to turn your vehicle to the ignition’s “ACC” (accessory) position
- Hold the key fob’s “open” or “unlock” button until your vehicle’s light flashes.
This article is a full guide on how to open an Hyundai key fob and how to reprogram key fob if missing. If you have any question concerning this please as us using the comments section.
The article will be helpful to someone who is looking for a guide on how to replace the battery in a Hyundai remote key fob. The article begins by telling the reader that it will be helpful in case they are looking for a guide on how to replace the battery in their Hyundai remote key fob.
In short paragraphs, it briefly goes over what you need before getting started, which includes a Phillips head screwdriver, needle nose pliers and wire cutters. The third section of content goes over step-by-step instructions when inserting the new battery into your car’s remote key fob to complete this task.