In this article you will learn how to replace Hyundai key fob battery or smart key battery. All modern Hyundai models have also followed the twist of security and comfort in the auto market.
Therefore, most Hyundai vehicles now have key fob also called proximity keys to aid keyless entry. The system, uses a remote control like device with metal key attached to it, with battery inside it.
If the battery is dead or become depleted, the keyless entry system will not work as expected. In this condition you will have to change or replace the battery and reprogram the key fob to get the fob working again.
Before you can access the battery in the fob you must have to open the fob. To get started follow the steps below to open the key fob
How to open Hyundai key fob
The process to open Hyundai key fob differs depending on if it is a newer version or and old version. Which ever one you are using, this article still gets you covered as you will learn about the two process in the next step.
- Remove the metal key in your key fob.
- Press and hold the metal tab or button.
- Next insert the key into the small opening and twist.
- Now the fob should open
For older fob models, Use a coin or a flat blade screwdriver to pop open the key fob from the small notch or indent along the outside.
How to replace Hyundai battery
Now that you have been able to open the key fob the next thing is to remove the dead battery and replace with a new one. To do you can now follow these steps:
- Insert a slim tool into the slot and gently pry open the transmitter center cover.
- Replace the battery with a new battery (CR2032).
- When replacing the battery, make sure the battery position.
- Install the battery in the reverse order of removal.
The transmitter is designed to give you years of trouble-free use, however it can malfunction if exposed to moisture or static electricity. If you are unsure how to use your transmitter or replace the battery, contact an authorized HYUNDAI dealer.
Using the wrong battery can cause the transmitter to malfunction. Be sure to use the correct battery. To avoid damaging the transmitter, don’t drop it, get it wet, or expose it to heat or sunlight.
How to Program a Hyundai Key Fob
If you have just lost your original Hyundai key and have bought a new one, you would have to program it to function with your car. Programming a Hyundai key fob is just as simple when you follow these steps:
- Get in your Hyundai and close all the doors.
- Use the key to turn your vehicle to the ignition’s “ACC” (accessory) position
- Hold the key fob’s “open” or “unlock” button until your vehicle’s light flashes.
This article is a full guide on how to open an Hyundai key fob and how to reprogram key fob if missing. If you have any question concerning this please as us using the comments section.