This article, is all about 2016 Jeep Patriot Oil Light Reset which has to be done after every 5 thousand miles. The oil light also called “MAINT REQD” on some car make, is not a warning light, rather, it is a reminder.
The maintenance required or oil change light is a reminder to you, that it is due time for maintenance again and changing of oil. If you take your 2016 Jeep Patriot to a quick LUB store they will reset the light for you after changing the oil but if they forget to, you will have to.
2016 Jeep Patriot Oil Light Reset Steps
Ideally after traveling every 5000 miles, you need to perform an oil change (also called service) so the light comes on. Be sure to go through your car owner’s manual to be sure of what the light looks like on the dashboard.
- Turn the ignition to the RUN position.
- Turn the key to the accessory mode and not we’re not gonna start the car.
- Depress the GAS PEDAL three times within 10 seconds.
- Shut the vehicle off and then start it back up and check the oil change light should be gone.
- Close all doors.
- Set the gear to the PARK position.
- Turn ignition to RUN position, don’t start the engine.
- fully depress the accelerator pedal slowly three times within 10 seconds.
- Turn the ignition off and then start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
Please click Oil Reset to see the process for other car makes and model
Engine Type Oil Viscosity and Capacity
This is a tabular representation of 2016 Jeep Patriot oil viscosity and capacity detailed information and it is important to know this as it will help in knowing the exact oil for your vehicle. This info. Comes in handy before and after 2016 Jeep Patriot oil change reset
|Viscosity:||5W-20 (All TEMPS)|
|Capacity:||4.5 quarts (with filter)After refill check oil level.|
|Torque:||20 ft/lbs (Oil Drain Plug)|
This article is a very comprehensive guide about 2016 Jeep Patriot Oil Change Light Reset, it also contains a tabular details about engine type, oil viscosity and capacity. Please do not forget to share this article using the share button below, who knows you might help someone who needs it.
All information provided on this page is for information purpose and it is basically a guide as to how to carry out the above subject matter. Due to the fact that there many variety of vehicle make and models, we strongly advise you to refer back to your car owners manual for the procedure if the one above is not working.
Read Also:- 2014 Toyota Camry Oil Light Reset