Airbag Warning Light comes on as result of malfunctions in the supplemental restraint system this can be caused by a lot of reasons. Most importantly, the major cause of the airbag warning light is a bad airbag sensor.
The information here is all about the air bag warning light and other related information. You will be coming across information such as the meaning of the SRS warning light, its importance and how you can fix it. Also you will get information on the symptoms to discover the airbag problem and the cost of fixing it in your vehicle.
What does airbag warning light
Talking about the airbag warning light, the light is always illuminate or flashing which is located on the dashboard of your vehicle. The light is very important as it signal any time the airbag is deactivated.
While not properly taking care of the airbag in your vehicle, it can actually leads to accident and that is the reason for activating the warning light. So as the light signal shows the airbag is deactivated which need to be repair.
Sometimes as the case may leads to accident, the airbag may be faulty which need to be replaced and the sensor need to be reset. So make sure you always care about the airbag from time to time to avoid more problem.
Another thing that can arise into airbag failure is that the sensor may be faulty which need to be repaired. In that case if the sensor is faulty then the airbag warning light will illuminate showing that it need urgent care.
How do I fix my airbag warning light?
As earlier stated that the airbag warning light is always illuminate or flashing which is located on the dashboard of your vehicle. The light is very important as it signal any time the airbag is deactivated.
Below are the steps to be followed in order to fix the airbag warning light:
- You will first put the key into the ignition.
- You turn the switch to the “on” position.
- Then watch for the airbag light to turn on.
- It will also stay illuminated for about seven seconds and then it will shut itself off.
- So after it shuts off, immediately you should turn the switch off and wait for it for about three seconds.
- You should now repeat the three (3) steps two more times.
- And now start the engine.
With the above steps, you can now fix airbag warning light into your vehicle.
Is it safe to drive with airbag warning light on?
The answer to the above question is that it is not actually save to drive while the airbag warning light is on so it is NO. This is because when the signal light on, there is problem on the airbag that need to adjust.
Also if there is problem in the system connecting the airbag or the sensor faulty then it can leads to accident because the vehicle is no more save. Always make sure that the SRS warning light is working perfectly.
So when the airbag light appears on the instrument and it actually make it cluster, then there is an error occurrence at the airbag system. It could be a damaged airbag or any faulty sensor around the airbag or bad connection.
Symptoms of a Faulty Airbag Sensor
The sensor of the airbag warning light is actually a device the is used to detect and read rapid acceleration of the car. It also generate a signal indicating a response to a faulty airbag as it serve to communicate to the driver of any danger.
So the function of the SRS warning light sensor help in all the components related to the airbag system. So the intensity of the faulty sensor will leads to the deactivation of the airbag in your vehicle.
Symptoms of airbag warning include:
- Airbag light is the most common and the most obvious sign or symptom that determine a failing airbag sensor.
- Also checking it with the use of a diagnostic tool as it can be use yo scan tool to inspect and check the SRS warning light sensor.
- There is presence of depleted airbag battery which signal that the battery of the car was drained just recently with the higher chances of depleted airbag battery.
- There is possibility of malfunctioning airbag clock springs as one of the symptoms of airbag issue which is responsible for main maintaining the consistency between the electrical wiring and the airbag.
- There could be damage of SRS module and if the airbag module was damaged, you will find the airbag module under the front passengers seat or the driver’s seat which is dangerous to continue driving the vehicle.
In conclusion, supplemental restraint system warning light sensors which also be said to be crash sensors as these sensors are situated everywhere in the car. The locations will be vary depending on the car and how dangerous it maybe when faulty.
Why Does My Airbag Warning Light Keep Coming On?
It is a common misconception that a car’s airbag warning light will only come on when there is a problem with the airbag. In reality, there are many situations in which the car’s airbag warning light will illuminate.
Car owners can get their vehicle inspected by a licensed mechanic to ensure that any problem with the airbag has been addressed, but it is also important to understand what might cause the light to come on. Some of which include:
- Forgetting to fasten your seat belt.
- Having an object on your lap while driving.
- Driving over rough terrain for extended periods of time.
How much to fix airbag warning Light?
The cost of replacing an airbag outright can be costly as it is very important in the vehicle and can cost thousands of naira. Although it depend on the maker and the model of the vehicle but the pay worth around $25 to $27 per airbag to be replaced.
Also the average airbag warning light sensor cost is #6,500 to $14 for the sensor and its part. So with the above price, you can now order for the instrument so that it will get fixed in your vehicle.
The air bag warning light is turned on when there is a problem with the passenger airbags in the vehicle. The airbags are usually deployed in any type of accident or collision, but when they aren’t deployed, the warning light will be activated.
The airbag warning light will also be activated if there is a problem with the seat belt system. If you’re still not sure what the issue is, start by checking your owner’s manual for information on how to turn off your air bag warning light.